Privacy Notice (How we use your information).
This notice is to give insight into how information about yourself is used in The Cedars Foundation.
When do we collect information from you?
- When you fill in any Cedars Foundation form e.g. event registration or sign a contact form (through email or on paper/card).
- When you use the website e.g. sending requests or asking for information.
- When you contact us by email, text, phone call or letter.
- When you sign in to an event or a meeting.
- When you give us relevant information in conversation with one of our staff (we may record some brief notes).
Why we collect and use this information.
We use your data:
- To establish and maintain your involvement with The Cedars Foundation and to communicate with you by email, phone and other means.
- To keep you informed by post, text, email or other means about The Cedars Foundation’s services, activities and events.
- To register you for events and training or other special meetings.
- To collect donations and claim gift aid.
- To fulfil our functions as a Christian charity.
- To provide the products or services you have requested from The Cedars Foundation.
- To answer your inquiries.
- To help us to improve what we do and offer.
- To keep you informed of new developments we believe may be of interest to you.
We collect the following categories of information:
- Name, address and contact details.
- Some other details such as dietary requirements or disability when you register for events, and when you participate in The Cedars Foundation activities or complete other forms.
- Information you disclose in emails or letters you send to us, phone calls and face to face contact.
We collect some special categories of information:
- Dietary requirements for catering purposes at events.
- Any disability needs you may have in order for The Cedars Foundation to make your participation in events more accessible for you.
How we keep and process your information:
- The information we collect is processed and stored either in a paper or digital format.
- All data is stored on an external hard drive or USB flash drive which is locked in a secure place.
We do not share your information with others without your consent, unless it is:
- To comply with any legal obligation, or
- To enforce or apply any contract with you or others, or
- To protect our rights, property or safety of our employees or others.
We will keep information only as long as necessary (or until you ask us to remove and destroy it, if earlier) except that we may keep and process:
- Payment information in order to process any payment you have authorised.
- Name and contact information for as long as you are attending or likely to attend The Cedars Foundation training or other events.
We may combine information we collect with information we have lawfully collected from other sources.
We will email you only about things connected with The Cedars Foundation such as latest news, prayer requests, future events etc.
You may tell us to remove/destroy any of your information we hold at any time.
How we dispose of your information:
- All paper copies of your information e.g. event booking forms, application for training forms etc. are destroyed by shredding or incineration after the event and payments are completed.
- Digital data is deleted after a period of 2 years unless you request for it to be deleted earlier.
- Email addresses are deleted on request.
The lawful basis on which we use this information:
- We have checked that consent is the most appropriate lawful basis for processing your information.
- We ask people to positively opt in.
- We make it clear that you can opt out at anytime.
- We have specified in this document why we need the data and what we do with it.
Requesting access to your personal data:
Under data protection legislation, you have the right to request access to your information that we hold. To make a request for your personal information, call us on 01634 828030 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any queries or concerns or if you wish us to remove your information, please contact us at email@example.com.
From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of any linked website(s).
Changes to this policy.
The Cedars Foundation may amend this Privacy Notice/Policy from time to time to reflect changes and ensure compliance with the law.
If you would like to discuss anything in this privacy notice, please contact:
The Cedars Foundation, 70 Maidstone Road, Rochester, Kent, ME1 3DE
Last undated: October 2018